Preview This Course
What you'll learn
- Ray explores the mysteries of the word “Selah.”
- Selah is used 74 times in the Bible, 71 times in various Psalms and 3 times in the book of Habakkuk.
Ray inspires us to desire the knowledge of God with the truth that “to know God is to know how God knows you.”
- Ray delves deeper into the intricacies of the Tabernacle of David
- Ray teaches us about governmental order in the Tabernacle of David.
- Ray notes that we often associate order with discipline, but that God’s order actually creates an atmosphere for delight.
- The Bible
- A Journal
- Internet connection capable of supporting streaming video
- Desire to learn about something amazing
- Willingness to invest in yourself for 3 hours.
Worship Foundations is our introductory course on Biblical worship and creativity. In this course, Ray lays a foundation for the place of Praise and Worship in the Church. Ray dives deep into history, the biblical meaning of the mysteries of God, and is a wonderful storyteller! Any chance to sit and listen to the wisdom that he walks in is time well spent. Expect to learn many fascinating new and old things.
What to Expect:
A typical lesson will consist of a pre-recorded video teaching. Each lesson has a companion study guide that highlights its main themes and provides Recommended Readings. Study guides also offer some Points to Ponder For your journal and Activation Exercises that will help you to engage your heart with what your head has learned.Some lessons include supplemental materials as well.
What this course is for
- Anyone interested in studying the Father’s heart behind worship.
- Students who wish to dig deeper into what worship really is.
- Church leaders who oversee worship and praise and the joys and challenges of worship ministry.
- Bible teachers wondering how to explain worship.
- Believers with questions about how worship affects their lives on a daily basis.
Ray Hughes lives within earshot of the Singing River near Muscle Shoals, Alabama. He has traveled the world for over 50 years as an author, storyteller, songwriter, and poet. He is a sought after public speaker and is passionate about creativity and training creative people. He is also passionate about biscuits, old guitars, and looking gift horses in the mouth (but not necessarily in that order).