Preview This Course
What you'll learn
- Behind the scenes of what was happening in David’s time period
- What Kingdom transitions look like.
- What being a misfit looks like and why it can be a God thing.
- When David stepped out of hiding, he stepped into his destiny.
- How David’s lyrics became the language, the literature, and the liturgy of his day.
- A look at some of the many layers of truth in David’s life that transformed his time and still speak to ours.
- The Bible
- Desire to learn about something amazing
- Willingness to invest in yourself for 30 minute sessions.
Ray dives deep into the life of David and pulls a wealth of information out that will help us grow in our own spiritual walk. The history of David’s time is brought out with amazing insight that is practical for today. If we feel like we just don’t fit in, we are in good company with David. We can learn so much about the transition times in life from this course. This course isn’t just about David but the people who surrounded him. They are important to understanding his heart and motivations as well.
Our goal is that from this course you will learn and grow from the life of David. We can move beyond just a basic understanding to what moved David’s heart in worship through this course but also go deeper with the insight and revelations that God has given to Ray. These aren’t just great stories of people who lived a long time ago! Ray brings out the humanity and realness of the situations David faced, how he handled them, how God responded, and how David responded.
What this course is for
- Anyone interested in studying the life of David and Saul.
- Students who wish to dig deeper into the scripture in relation to David and Saul.
- Church leaders who have deeper questions about the historical significance of David’s life.
Ray Hughes lives within earshot of the Singing River near Muscle Shoals, Alabama. He has traveled the world for over 50 years as an author, storyteller, songwriter, and poet. He is a sought after public speaker and is passionate about creativity and training creative people. He is also passionate about biscuits, old guitars, and looking gift horses in the mouth (but not necessarily in that order).